Respect – Commitment – Success
- To be a caring and inclusive school that promotes the highest standards of respect, commitment and success.
- To achieve excellence in everything we do;
- High quality, inspirational and innovative teaching and learning;
- Inspirational and accountable leadership at all levels;
- Consistently high academic standards and expectations for every individual;
- Creative, exciting and memorable experiences inside and outside the classroom;
- A safe, secure and caring environment in which to work and learn;
- All achieved through collaboration and teamwork leading to empowerment.
We value pupils and their need to:
- Develop the attitudes, characteristics and self-belief to tackle any challenges in future life;
- Enjoy their time at school;
- Be recognised as individuals;
- Develop good relationships and lasting friendships;
- Recognise and celebrate diversity;
- Develop and apply moral values;
- Acquire the skills, commitment and resilience to become successful, independent life-long learners;
- Take responsibility for leading themselves and others;
- Receive recognition and praise for their efforts and achievements in all areas of school life;
- Be active members who contribute to the school and wider community including academically, socially, culturally and in sporting pursuits;
- Accept hard work and discipline as requirements for success.
We value staff and their need to:
- Receive innovative, developmental and effective training;
- Be supported, cared for, challenged and valued;
- Feel trusted and empowered to take risks in the classroom;
- Have opportunities to develop and fulfil their potential in leading the school and their own professional development;
- Participate in, contribute to and benefit from partnerships beyond the school;
- Be a cohesive group with time and opportunities to develop partnerships and relationships with others within school;
- Enjoy their work and find it fulfilling.
We value parents/carers and their need to:
- Demonstrate commitment to supporting their child and Radyr Comprehensive School;
- Receive regular quality information, advice and guidance in order to fulfil their roles as key partners in their child’s learning;
- Have opportunities and be encouraged to provide feedback and contribute to the creation and maintenance of an exceptional school.
We value governors and their need to:
- Be ambitious and aspirant in setting the strategic direction for the school;
- Inform themselves of educational developments beyond the school;
- Embrace partnership working where this is of benefit to the school, students, staff and governors;
- Develop new and alternative models of governance which respond to the changing needs of the school;
- Exercise rigour in monitoring and evaluating the school’s progress and the extent to which the school experience is exceptional for all.