Radyr Comprehensive School
Ysgol Gyfun Radur
Appealing Exam Grade For Summer 2020 Exams
As you will be aware, your final exam grade is based on the result your teacher predicted you would have achieved.
If you have concerns about your grade, you should complete the Appeal Form. School will compare the grade your teacher gave you and the grade WJEC has awarded you.
It is important to remember that:
- You can ask your school or college to check whether it made an error when submitting information to WJEC. Errors might include, for example, mixing up two students with similar names, or accidentally copying across the wrong data. If your school or college finds it made a mistake in the information it provided it can ask WJEC to correct it.
- Your school or college can appeal to WJEC on your behalf if it believes WJEC made a mistake when it communicated your grades.
- You cannot challenge the centre assessment grades or your rank order positions submitted by your school or college under WJEC’s appeals process. Any appeal would have to be undertaken by someone better placed than your teachers to judge your likely grade if exams had taken place. In the unique circumstances of this summer, we do not believe WJEC can fulfil this role
If you would like to initiate a possible appeal, please print, complete and sign the form and then email a scanned copy to Mrs Davies, Exams Officer, email@example.com.
The deadline date is 15 September 2020
Appeals can only be accepted from the candidate.
Click here for the appeal form
Dear Parent / Carer,
Re: Online Resource Provision
I hope you and your family are well during this very challenging time. Included in this communication is an online work directory for your child’s year group. The majority of the work will either be on the OneDrive through Office 365, on Show My Homework, or has been emailed to pupils directly.
I have informed all staff that this information is being circulated to all pupils and parents. If your child requires any support with the work, I would ask that they contact their teachers directly using the school email system. Teachers will be available to respond via email during the working day.
I will be in touch again shortly to outline the Local Authority response in dealing with Covid-19 at a logistical level, the support being provided for key frontline workers and for vulnerable pupils. I also intend to provide you with more information regarding Qualification Wales’ approach to grading this summer once I receive clarification from them.
Thank you once again for your continued support.
Mr A D Williams
Radyr Comprehensive School
Latest Advice on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Given to Schools by the Local Authority
General Advice for Parents and Pupils:
Actions to follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, include:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water, or use alcohol sanitiser if handwashing facilities are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Pupils should:
a) wash their hands before leaving home, on arrival at school, after using the toilet, after breaks and sporting activities
b) wash their hands before food preparation, before eating any food, including snacks
c) use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
d) avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands and avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- If you are worried about your symptoms or those of a child or colleague, please call NHS Direct Wales on 0845 46 47 or 1 1 1 Wales
- Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment see further information on the weblink https://phw.nhs.wales/coronavirus/
- Face masks for the general public are not recommended to protect from infection, as there is no evidence of benefit from their use outside healthcare environments.
Mr A D Williams, Headteacher
An insight into the work of Radyr Comprehensive’s Art Department. Showcasing work from KS3 - KS5.
Welcome to our school website which I hope will provide you with an insight into life at Radyr Comprehensive School. We are proud to be members of this community, which includes pupils both past and present, staff, parents and governors. At Radyr we try to live according to our motto ‘Respect, Commitment, Success’. For us, this translates as valuing all involved in our school community and doing what we do – well!