We ask parents to join with the staff in ensuring high standards of dress and adherence to the uniform requirements. Our policy is to keep uniform as simple and economic as possible.
The shirt, tie and school jumper are compulsory items of clothing and must be worn at all times
Common throughout Years 7–13
- Knee length tailored black skirt or tailored black trousers.
Not permitted: Jeans, leggings, studded or skinny fit trousers, cords or cotton casual style trousers, flared skirts, tight, stretchy or jersey-fabric skirts, skirts shorter than knee length
- White school shirt (short or long sleeved)
- Radyr School tie
- Plain, non-patterned black tights must be worn with skirts in the Autumn and Winter terms. Plain dark ankle socks must be worn with trousers, or with skirts in the summer term
- All black footwear
Not permitted: Boots.
- Sensible waterproof outdoor coat
Not permitted: Hoodies, hooded or zip-up tracksuit tops. Pupils may only wear Radyr hoodies when participating in a sporting event, they may NOT be worn in place of a coat around the school site. If they are, they will be confiscated.
- No jewellery other than a watch and one stud earring in each earlobe.
- No make-up other than natural concealer to hide blemishes. No nail varnish or acrylics.
- Natural hair colour only. Shaved motifs / hairstyles are not permitted.
Year 7 & 8
- Maroon Jumper
Year 9, 10 & 11
- Navy Jumper
Year 12 & 13
- 6th form school tie
- Blazer (optional)
- Grey 6th Form Jumper