We ask parents to join with the staff in ensuring high standards of dress and adherence to the uniform requirements. Our policy is to keep uniform as simple and economic as possible.
The shirt, tie and school jumper are compulsory items of clothing and must be worn at all times
Common throughout Years 7–13
- Knee length tailored black skirt or tailored black trousers.
Not permitted: Jeans, leggings, studded or skinny fit trousers, cords or cotton casual style trousers, flared skirts, tight, stretchy or jersey-fabric skirts, skirts shorter than knee length
- White school shirt (short or long sleeved)
- Radyr School tie
- Plain, non-patterned black tights must be worn with skirts in the Autumn and Winter terms. Plain dark ankle socks must be worn with trousers, or with skirts in the summer term
- All black footwear
Not permitted: Boots.
- Sensible waterproof outdoor coat
Not permitted: Hoodies, hooded or zip-up tracksuit tops. Pupils may only wear Radyr hoodies when participating in a sporting event, they may NOT be worn in place of a coat around the school site. If they are, they will be confiscated.
- No jewellery other than a watch and one stud earring in each earlobe.
- No make-up other than natural concealer to hide blemishes. No nail varnish or acrylics.
- Natural hair colour only. Shaved motifs / hairstyles are not permitted.
Year 7 & 8
- Maroon Jumper
Year 9, 10 & 11
- Navy Jumper
Year 12 & 13
- 6th form school tie
- Blazer (optional)
- Grey 6th Form Jumper
All black shoes. Trainers of any colour are not permitted nor are boots or any other article of footwear which covers the ankle. If any logo or branding is visible, this needs to be black or blacked out.
Dark, plain coloured coat. Denim or leather jackets are not permitted. Hoodies are not permitted unless being worn for a trip or sporting event.
Items which should not be worn: jumpers, ties other than the one supplied by the School’s authorised supplier; jewellery – no jewellery is allowed other than a watch and stud earring (no more than one in each earlobe); make-up and nail varnish.
In addition, parents should note that unnatural hair colouring and shaved motifs/hairstyles are not permitted.